Skip to main navigation.

Start/Stop Service

New Residential Service

If you are moving into a home that is wired for electric service and have not had service from us before, complete and return the TCEC Application for Service.

We serve the Oklahoma Panhandle and parts of surrounding states including Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado and Texas. If you are looking for service outside of that area, please search for a different Tri-County Electric including the state you are in. There are 13 Tri-County Electrics in the United States.

TCEC Service Territory

If you are unable to complete the PDF form or would like to apply in person, come by our office at 995 Mile 46 Road in Hooker. We will:

  • Ask you to provide your full name, social security number, driver's license number, phone number and employer.
  • Ask you to provide new service address.
  • Ask you to provide the date you need new service.
  • Run an identity check and delinquency risk assessment. This is to comply with Red Flag Rules and to determine your deposit amount, if applicable.
  • Ask you to fill out our new service application, available in the office or by fax or postal mail.
  • You will be required to return the service application to complete your request.
  • If you currently have service with TCEC, you may be able to transfer service to your new address.

New Commercial Service

To request service at a location that is wired for electrical service, call our office at 580-652-2418 to request service. If you have not had service from us before, you will need to complete and return the TCEC Application for Service.

New Commercial or Residential Construction

Installing new service takes time due to design, right-of-way and line construction needs. If you are planning or building a new business location, please contact us at 580-652-2418 early in the process.

Please have on hand:

  • Legal description of the real estate
  • Contact name and phone number
  • TCEC's member work flow personnel will help you complete the necessary documents.

Transfer Service

If you are a current TCEC member moving to another location in our service territory or need to add additional meters to your account, please call us at 580.652.2418 or come by the TCEC office. Be sure to allow at least three business days for TCEC to complete the request.

Disconnect Service

If you are a current TCEC member who no longer needs electric service, call 580-652-2418 or come by our office at 995 Mile 46 Road in Hooker. Alternately, you can email your request. You will need to provide the following:

  • Proof of identification - including your name, address and the last four numbers of your social security number.
  • A disconnect date for the location.
  • An updated billing address for the final bill. This final bill will include energy charges incurred from your last meter reading date through your scheduled disconnect date. Depending upon the length of time between these two dates your final bill at your current location may be higher than usual due to more days in this extended billing cycle to accommodate your move.

Contact us via e-mail

If you prefer to have one of our member service representatives call you regarding your service needs, you can email us. Be sure to include:

  • Name
  • Tri-County Account Number (if available)
  • Preferred Contact Phone Number(s)
  • Best Time to Reach You (Must be between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday)
  • Description of Your Request
Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo